Thursday, September 22, 2011

For Nerds Who Love Words



I've been playing around with Tagxedo all day.  Have you seen this yet?  I thought I'd share.  It takes words and turns them in to a "visually stunning word clouds."    I was introduced to it at a teacher meeting the other day and I can't stop playing with it.  I love the idea of turning words in to a visual image.  It parallels quite a few things I'm teaching about right now- and I'm a big nerd who thinks words are really cool. (Obviously.  Don't we all, who blog?)  You can type in text, cut and paste or just enter a website address and it will pull all the words from the web page.  I entered my blog address and this is what came up.  Of course the word sewing is the largest.  Two that crack me up are totally and hours- apparently I'm a valley girl who talks a lot about how long it takes to sew something.  And where in the world did bubbles come from? You can also upload images and it will turn your cloud into that shape- hence the sewing machine.  So much nerdy fun.  Check it out.   

7 comments:

  1. Cool! and ya, a little nerdy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I love that it is nerdy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is pretty cool, but then I am unashamedly nerdy...! And am totally checking it out (see, I use "totally" a whole bunch too!)
    I had to search for a bit, but I finally found "bubbles" :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I'm going to try it later. I am a total wordy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, this is very cool! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha, that site is pretty fun. I went and plugged in my blog because I wanted to see what words I used most. Not surprised they were mostly sewing terms. (Can I admit that I kind of wanted a signature word like "totally" to pop up?) I couldn't find the sewing machine shape though! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea to use your blog to create one! I think I'm off to try that out myself right now...

    ReplyDelete